Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

noob questions (156)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Felt Breed

I bought a 2009 Felt Breed SS. i have one problem with it though. sometimes when i start out and even when riding along the cranks skips/ju…

Started by Steven Shepard

0 Nov 5, 2011

Single vs. Double ring setup for CX/road use noob

I've made the leap into CX (from mostly road/adventure racing background) and I am in the process of building up a bike.  Obviously this se…

Started by Rob Jones

4 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by Adam R.

When does a rider move up in category?

Hi guys/gals. I now have my first races under my belt. When does one go from a beginner/CAT 4  to another category? Is it based on the numb…

Started by myron melnarik

7 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by DStudley

New Member: 1st set of questions of many I feel!

How-do   after being 'cross-curious' for quite a while now I finally took the plunge and bought a cx frame. Not having any money left over…

Started by Neil

7 Oct 19, 2011
Reply by Alex Fowler

Winter mileage

With the 2011 'cross season in the UK not even underway yet, my thoughts are already turning to my winter build up to the 2012 season! lol!…

Started by Bam Douglas

2 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by John Norman

Carbon soles or nylon?

It's time for me to get a new pair of shoes. Being fairly new to Cross (but not to cycling) the question has raised itself many times in ou…

Started by Joel Farrow

8 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Thomas

logos on jerseys?

In motorcycle racing... having brand decals on the bike, or patches on your leathers, of companies you are not actually sponsored by is fro…

Started by Jason Boczar

3 Sep 7, 2011
Reply by Mike Brokenshire

CX Build - SRAM XX Rear Derailleur Med?

I need some help.   I am a noobie building up a CX bike and I would like to know if I can use a SRAM XX Rear Derailleur for my bike set up?…

Started by dclifford

7 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by Tinkerbell

Racing with a bike computer !??!

Alright i'm a total newb to the CX world, and was wondering if people race with a bike computer during CX? Almost everyone has one in roa…

Started by Jason Hettenbaugh

11 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by DStudley

Post race clean up.

Hey all.  This will be my first year racing cross.  I was wondering something and hoping you all could offer some insight on your methods.…

Started by Aaron J

3 Aug 22, 2011
Reply by Oliver Yeh

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service