Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

So, I have been trying to get some straight info on the new Lapierre carbon CX bike for a couple weeks now.

SBS faxed me their geometry sheet for this bike, which states the size 57 has a head tube length of 115mm. This seems exceedingly short to me. They also said it has an integrated head tube. The size 59 frame has a 145mm head tube, this is also short, but the weird thing is the large jump for just one size. (For comparison, the 51 is listed to have a 105mm head tube.)

So, I emailed Lapierre about this. They said the size 57 has a 127mm head tube and uses a headset with a total stack height of 21.5mm (12mm for the pottom and 9.5mm for the top).

This doesn't seem to jive well at all. The pictures I have seen of the frame sure make it look like the bike has an internal headset. Does anyone have a picture of the bike built up ? I think the FDJ riders used it in some races last year. Or any additional info to add?

I have one of these on order... but I'd like to know what to expect! :) I have short legs and ape arms..... so a short head tube is a goof thing, but 115mm seems a bit too short!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service