Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

It is just a thought.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's funny. someone recently told me I should start a petition to get some press for the mag now that the olympics are happening.

but would it be a winter sport or summer?

With 'cross races starting in August, it's not impossible to think of it as a summer sport, but it'd be too weird to do it in the heat. The euros would melt.

But it'd obviously a lot more aligned with winter. Yet unlike all the other sports, it doesn't require (or even want) snow or ice. Forcing it to be a winter sport on snow would certainly change it.

I do remember in the late 90's folks talking about trying to make this happen, but I'm not sure how far those conversations went.

If it does happen, I will be the first to offer my services to the country of Georgia for $ just like their beach volleyball players who have only been to the country twice. I hope they don't care that I'm not nearly as good looking or accomplished.
What cycling event would go away? IOC can't add an event from cycling without deleting one (think addition of BMX and the deletion of 1km TT). Right?

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service