Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I'd like to promote a race in Virginia this fall, I've reached out to the director of the VA series and done some reading but I'm curious if there are any resources online or in print that can help me with the process.  Any random advice is also appreciated.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly your best resources are going to be other promoters. Talk to the ones whos events you like, see what they did.

As a racer my favorite cross races were the ones that were more than just a cross race, but more so an event. Big or small, doesnt matter. Get some food vendors there or do a potluck, have something there so racers stick around and watch other fields. Make it an event for everyone. I have seen a few races that do intro to cyclocross clinics before the Cat4 race to encourage first time racers, always thought that was a good idea.

Great advice.  We're on the grounds of a Brewery (yup) and there are music festivals on the property periodically.  The longterm vision is to do a cyclocross festival atmosphere or better yet, a weekend long cycling festival (Gran Fondo, Gravel Grinder, Cross Race, Cross Country Race, pumptrack, kids races, music, beer, food, etc...) but the first step is getting the cross races off the ground.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service