Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Rumor has it Specialized is unveiling a true Cyclocross line for 2011.  Most impressive is the base model seen here:

I've heard differing reports on the MSRP, $1400-$1800 is the range I've seen.  I'm getting one.  Now if they'd just ditch those crappy stock tires and route the cables somewhere other than the most mud-prone part of the bike...

Views: 3231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like the cables are run internal...
$1500 for a Tiagra bike is dumb when you and buy a Moto with 10 spd Ultegra for @$1000...spend the other $500 on wheels and tires...

found this digging around the web. Odd though the fork and frame have the zertz stuff and the fork is not straight.
not sure if this is true 2011 product?
appears the s-works carbon cranks got a bit of a redesign near the pedal mount.

and there's this....

Some more details on the Crux

Cycling Videos on CyclingDirt

I've got one of the framesets on order, and am looking forward to building it up. I went with the Stinky Pink colour...
Mine's built up - XXL Crux Elite (Aluminum) w/Rival. Nothing too fancy but still 19 lbs and so far a rocket. First 'cross race of the year on Saturday!

Here's a pic of the BB area and close up of frame paint.
Attachments:
Very nice build! I'm going to singlespeed mine, and go with either tubulars or tubeless conversion with Crossblasters. Mine is a XL, so i'm kind of thinking in the 17-18ish weight. Is that a realistic estimate?
Well crap. The rep told me today that they're backordered until December. So I guess I'll be racing my old frame.
Those are nice but I think they would sell better if they offered a more neutral color. In your face red or pink, I'd say they eliminating a good deal of their customer base with those two options. Is $660 both the retail and the street price and what's the weight on the frame and fork minus the seatpost? The straight forks are looking way better than tusks for sure.
$660 is the price on the street I'm sure b/c they can't keep them in stock. At a race near Portland last week I saw at least 5 of these, not including mine, which you can see in the attached. :-)

Re weight, I haven't weighed just the frame/fork, but this build is around 18 lbs.
Attachments:
Ooh that's nice. Dura Ace wheels look sweet on that bike. Where exactly is the Zertz on that seatpost, and are those Microshift levers?

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service