Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

i'm currently trying to build up a stigmata for CX racing and overall trail bashing.

i thought about trying to piece together drivetrain bits or just getting a decent group with most of the stuff already included like this one for instance:

all shimano 105 5700:
STI shifters
rear der
front der
chain
cassette - gearing of my choice
crankset - 50/34
bottom bracket

all this for $440. good price? i don't really know chit about road parts...

i'll probably need to swap the 50t out for a smaller ring...who makes a good replacement?

thanks in advance.

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great price! Go for it. Usually 900+ retail for a kit like that. As for shimano 105 mantra, it's the workhorse of the shimano lineup, maybe not the lightest but durable to race on. Don't race it if you can't replace it. As for replacement chainrings. Wickwerks is always a fantastic company to deal with. GREAT shift quality for your front chainrings. your pocket book wont regret it.  

thanks for tips Joey!

If I were you I would go with shimano cx-50 or cx-70 cranks they are cx specific

Do you already have the stigmata? I would think twice about getting it. The rear tire clearence is horrible with my 33 Clement PDX.... All those parts would be plenty good to race and ride all over! good luck!

it's en route as i type.  got a deal that was too good to pass up. 

hopefully clearance won't be too big of an issue.  we don't really have mud here.

larry - good call on the cx50/70. 

I have 5700 on my Felt f75x and so far its been bulletproof.  I'm running FSA BB30 46-36 crankset up front.

So far, no complaints.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service