Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I was wondering if anyone had a review or thoughts on the Vittoria EVO XN's. I thought I would give the file tread pattern a try. I noticed Jonathan Page has been running them in his last 3 races with very good success. I'd love to hear what people think of file tread in general if not this tire specifically.

Views: 1978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool. was the tubular or clincher? 220 or 290?

btw, what does the sound of grass tearing sound like? I gotta listen closer next time I race. or maybe I just don't go fast enough to tear grass...
SO far I have been running the XN clinchers for a few weeks now. I weigh 150lbs and have been running them in the low 30's for pressure. I have hit several sharp edged transitions from grass to asphalt and bottom out with no pinch flats. But that probably has more to do with a light riding style. They work really well in grass and I have no fear leaning them over in all but the loosest stuff.

They even work well if the grass is slightly damp. I can climb with them, corner, sprint into and out of corners and even handle off camber sections well. I raced on them last weekend, but only ran a rear as the course had a muddy off camber uphill little section.

They work really well in the sand as we did 20-30 repeats the other night in preparation for a race that has a long pit.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service