Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

So you’ve got a few races under your belt and you’re feeling pretty good - don’t let your season end after Nationals. Come to Belgium and keep your season going. Your form will still be hot so why not get
some extra racing in.

Maybe you’re thinking of competing in the Masters World Cyclo-Cross championships in Mol? Maybe you need a few extra UCI points to make it onto the elite World’s team? No better place to get the experience and points you need than in Belgium during December and January.

Are you convinced? Perfect. Now all you need is a place to stay. Well, keep reading:

House located in Blauberg, Belgium - excellent location in the heart of the Belgian cross scene (just ask Sven Nys and Niels Albert who live nearby). Lots of great training roads and trails. Easy drives to all the races - furthest we drove last year was 90 minutes.
House has all the amenities a bike racer needs - huge garage (lots of room to clean and work on your bike), laundry facilities, large kitchen, comfy living room for relaxing and rehashing races.
Sleeping arrangements are two to a room. House sleeps six.
Self-service house - just like being at home.
Grocery store next door. Bakery down the street.
Tuesday and Thursday group rides of 100 plus riders - route goes right past the house.

You will need to arrange your own transportation. There will be people with cars but, transportation cannot be guaranteed.

This is a great opportunity for masters and elite racers interested in getting some additional ‘cross races in once the domestic season has ended. Length of stay is flexible - come for a week or two or even a
month.

Come and stay in Blauberg. Race cyclo-cross. Meet racers from all over the world. Get muddy. Have fun.

Imagine the stories you can tell your buddies.

For house location details, follow this link:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=B...\
ddress=&city=Blauwberg&zipcode=

For more details, email me. vickith@yahoo.com

I stayed at this house for two previous trips to Belgium. We’ll be staying here again this winter.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

please don't tempt me any further...next year we might be in business though. I want to race in Europe so badly
Believe me, you won't regret the experience. Great racing. Great atmosphere. Everything is just kicked up one notch. As an added bonus you get a break from the winter weather (snow). Not to mention, living the bike racer lifestyle - train, eat, sleep, race, repeat. Solid.

check out my site: http://ottawa.cx
I may actually be interested in this. I was looking to get over sometime, and I may have about a month around christmas to mid Jan. Also, I graduate this year, and may be scouting out places to potentially move. I know big step but who knows.
Hey David

Drop me an email at vickith@yahoo.com. I can give you more details about the house, the location, prices etc.

I'm heading over Dec. 9 and returning Feb. 3.

Going around Christmas is the perfect time as there are lots of races going on. As for moving to Belgium - my husband and I discuss this constantly.

vicki
WOW... sorry, for some reason I just realized you wrote something back. Anyway, I will be in touch today about possibly heading over. I need to get out of the US. OR out of road race in the US. I am getting headaches.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service