Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

we're always playing with pedals here. most of the time I don't even know what I'm about to clip into. we'd like community feedback on the candy vs eggbeater decision though. have you ridden both? decided on one? then chime in, that's the feedback we're looking for. what did you decide on and why?

Views: 10224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've ridden Eggs on my bikes (road and cross) for several years now.  Never had a problem.  I was looking for new pedals for a new build and figured what the heck and went with the new Candys.  All this platform mumbo jumbo got to me I guess.  So far, I am not really impressed.  They are fine and dandy once I am clipped in, but feel like they are tougher to get into than my Eggs and I have definitely been struggling with clipping out my left foot on dismounts.  I think I may try the Eggs again on the cross bike and throw the Candys on the road rig.
I have run the Acid 2's for the past two seasons.  I use them in the summer on my Enduro / Super-D bike and CX in the fall.  I like having the slightly larger platform for CX.  I really notice it at the top of muddy climbs or sports where you are trying to clear mud and get clicked back in... having the extra platform allows you to keep pedaling while fighting to get your feet in. 

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service