Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I've got a second set of wheels coming and I'm thinking about picking up some Fangos for them as soon as I can get my hands on a pair. Could someone shed a little light on the differences between the tire widths? The tires are offered in a 32 and a 34. I'm not sure what size to get.

If it helps, I'm 6' 2" and about 185lbs.

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looking at them side by side, it is hard to tell the difference....we are talking about 2mm. But when you get down to it, the actual black tread does not seem wider, instead I think they use the same tread on a wider casing. A few of the guys I ride with like the 34s over the 32s. They are in the 6 foot plus range and probably weigh about 180 lbs, where as at 150 and 5'-9" I find the 32s handle most of everything just fine.
Im on a set of grifo's in 32. I am 6'1" and about 165 (5-10 lbs heavier than I am all road season) and I don't have any problems with the 32's. From what many guys have told me that ride 34's is that unless it is REALLY deep mud, or EXTREMELY bumpy (as the KY uci race was last weekend) then the 32's tend to feel better. I love mine and swear by them. In the end it's your call!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service