Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I am running a dura-ace 9spd drive train and have install 07' Campy Centaur 10spd shifters. I have installed the jtek shiftmate 2.0. It shifts smooth but is really sensitive for the lower gears....I almost have to choose between good low gear shifting or good mid range shifting.

My question is: Does anyone else run a similar setup and if so how is your shifting? JTek is telling me it should be spot on.

I have lubed the cables, shortened the rear housing, and dialed in the high low limits.

I am going to try a brand new cable/housing setup and see if that helps at all.

I really like the campy shifters, look, feel. I wish shimano would run the cables under the wrap.

Thanks in advance!

Schrap.

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Schrap,

Did you see our Issue 1? Well, our picture in there isn't the greatest, but you can do this all without the shiftmate just by changing the way you clamp the cable. I've used this without a problem for a few seasons now.

Here's a good pic I found that better shows the clamping style.

In my past wrenching experience (on pure shimano systems) I've frustrated myself by carelessly clamping the cable in the wrong position, or not noticed frayed housing ends, split housing ferrules (plastic), or kinked cables. I'm guessing you already checked those though.

With or without the shiftmate, you should be able to get great results. Stay tuned for our interesting variation of this in Issue 3. Maybe try the alternative clamping without the jtek to see if it's the jtek's fault or not.

Hope that helps...lemme know if you can solve it.
I've followed Andrew's instructions and I have perfect shifting in all the gears. I'm using an XT derailleur with a Campy Veloce Shifter and a 11x34 SRAM cassette. The alternative clamping seems to be extremely reliable.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service