Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I am new to Cx and have been attending the local practices and putting in some time on my own. I am very competative by nature and am not sure if that is a good thing. What kind of times should I realisticly expect from myself? I am not a spring chicken but like to act that way. Any advice would be great.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. I am definately having fun doing CX. When I'm at practice I try to keep up with the people that have been riding CX for a while and I know that I shouldn't.
No problem in trying to keep up that's what practice is for. But overall Oliver has it right. Have fun now, look more clsoely at results and start developing expectations after you have done a few races, if ever.

Like Oliver mentioned, there are waaayyy too many avenues that can go not quite right to be worried about times. No course or field is the same. No day will work in the same way as the previous day.

Just enjoy being part of the action.
Thanks for bringing me back to reality. After reading some articles and getting response from you and Oliver I more understand that time is not the factor as much as just bettering myself.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service