Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I run avid canti's and am considering the short tektro v-brakes because I like stopping. What do you folks run?

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, TRP Eurox would be much nicer if adjustable. The front end chatter nearly rattles out my teeth...

Paul Neo Retros are great but a real bear the first time you install them. Once they are set they are awesome brakes.
you can try the new "upgrade" kits for the euro-x that allow toe-in via the pad, but not sure if they are avail yet.
Kevin??? at TRP said they will be available as upgrades after interbike.
I just ordered adjustable canti-pads from Velo Orange - $15/wheel, way better deal than the MSRP $80 TRP wants for their Inplace Adjustable set...

http://www.velo-orange.com/voadbrsh.html

The Euro-X brakeset I installed on my girlfriend's bike only cost $72 for the set so I have a hard time shelling out more than that for just a set of pads.

I look forward to receiving and installing the VO units.
we're reviewing those pads right now actually. let me know what you think.
will do - hoping they arrive by friday so I can install them prior to raceday Sunday.
Installed the velo-orange units last night - one set up super easy, the other I had to fuss with a bit more to get the pad to lock down.

It's sort of a double lock-nut situation with the inner threaded post plus the 8mm nut at the pad. I could get the pad angle to lock, but the pad itself wanted to spin on the post.

I finally did get it (it really didn't take that long) but I was apprehensive it might loosen up in today's race but it held.

Is there an order in which the pieces should be adjusted?

Also, I took the used pads out of the TRP units and put them in the VO pad holders and saved the new shoes. One comment - the set screw on the VO units is one allen key size smaller - I swapped the TRP screws onto the VO pads so the F&R would be the same (kept the stock TRP pads on the rear).

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service