Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I'm retiring my Sidi Dominators this year and I'm at a loss for a good shoe. Lots of options out there and I'm just curious what's turning people on... What shoes do YOU like?

Views: 872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have been really happy with my Specialized shoes. they are comfy like sidis and good for running but stiff enough to give highly effective power transfer from leg to pedal. I have been racing with them for a few years now after retiring my sidis. Have a great cross season and let us know what you end up going with.
Thanks for all of the input! I plan to make a purchase (or at least fax in a pro deal) sometime this week. -jed
let us know what you end up with, and how you like 'em.
So I decided to turn this into an experiment and, based on recommendations from this and other forums, purchased two different pairs of shoes: Sidi Dominator 6's and Shimano M225's. The Shimanos were the first to arrive and I have been riding with them for about 1 week -- heel slips a tiny bit but not enough to drive me crazy... yet. The retention is good, but the upper compresses my arch a bit and I need to play with the ratchet strap to dial in the fit. We're heading out to N. Michigan tonight for vacation and I plan to log a ton of CX miles on the local fire roads, so I will have more time to love or hate these shoes.

Hopefully the Sidis will be at the shop by the time I return to NYC and I'll race with them at Hidden Valley CX (NJ) on the 4th. I have a better feeling about the Sidis...

-jed
Jed Kornbluh from Philly, then Chicago, then back to Philly?
That's me!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service