Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

hi there,
I am thinking getting a Salsa La Cruz for playing around during weekend and cummuning the days in between. What do you think about the frame? What disks would fit? What levers do I need and can I mount additional cross levers?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are three disc options that I'm aware of: avid bb7 road, avid bb5 road, and tektro lyra. I run the bb7 (stock on disc poprads) in 160/160 size. I've been pretty happy with them: you can adjust both sides of the calipers with your hands, and that's about the only maintenance I've ever had to do. I believe the bb5 is a slightly less expensive version of the bb7 that only has an adjustment knob on one side. Not a huge loss, but you might have to break out the wrench now and then; i would spring for the bb7s.

The tektro's are supposedly lighter, but I haven't read a single review of them anywhere. And I think the posted weights are misleading (they don't include the rotor weight, whereas the avids do.. maybe).

You might consider running 160mm in the front and 140mm in the back as most of your stopping power comes from the front (and unbalanced setup is quite common). And, yep, you can run cross levers no problem.
Lawrence did a good job of laying out your options.
I have yet to actually see the Tektros but have used both of the Avids models. The Avid BB7's are easier to adjust and, in my opinion, worth the extra few bucks.

As for the La Cruz Frameset, overall I liked the way it rode—well thought out geometry and predictably handling. Look for an in-depth review in an upcoming issue.

If you do decide to get one, please post pics!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service