Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Fay's passed by and I walked in my back yard to check things out. I sunk to my ankles in my back yard grass, so now I'm wondering what is the widest, toothiest tire for a cyclocross bike? (Yeti says a Michelin Jet 40c is the largest that will fit.)

Views: 1653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya, the Michelin Mud is the "standard mud tire" most people opt for. Great tread pattern, they're cheap, and available anywhere. The only bad thing about them is the low TPI chasing. I find the Challenge Grifo to actually be a better "mud" tire than the Michelin Mud for this very reason. The Challenge Grifo casing is one of the best and it's tread is only marginally less aggressive. You can run the Grifo at crazy-low air pressure and not pinch flat compared to the Michelin. Lower air pressure means more traction in the mud!
+1
The older version of the Racing Ralph's before this current updated design are a lot loke the old Michelin Muds. I love 'em.
Nothing can be added to Kiwimark's comments........spot-on. Those Dugasts are funtastic in the right conditions {that we encounter in Seattle}. Clincher's in mud?......Mich~muds! Can hardly go wrong....just maybe could use more threads per....nit-pic for the cost.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service