Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

1998 Black IF Planet Cross f/f/hs/post 54.5tt King Thomson 853 $650

For Sale! Sweet-ass IF cross frame/fork! 50cm st, 54.5tt. $650 with King hs, and a 26.8 Thomson post. Also included is a front mech clamp adapter, the front cable hanger, and a 1 to 1 1/8 shim.

Price does not include shipping or PayPal fees. Local pick-up in Chicago encouraged! Email for fastest reponse: jasonnargis@gmail.com

I have a black, 1998 Independent Fabrications Planet Cross. 50 x 54.5 ctc. Rides a bit bigger than it sounds. If your road bike size is around 55-56, this should work well. With my saddle at 73.5cm, the drop to the bar is about 6cm with 1cm of spacers and a 100mm 6 deg. stem. Head tube is 115 and the standover with 28c tires is 78.5cm or just under 31 inches. From the top of the King race, the steerer tube is 188mm.

It's a one inch head tube, and has the slightest slope to the top tube. There is a tiny ding in the top tube right behind the head tube that has been painted. Hard to see with cables installed. Seems like it was caused by the cable hanger swinging around.

The ride is quick, snappy, and comfy, as you'd expect from an 853 Indy Fab. A very nice bike, that I need to sell b/c I got a disc frame. Oh: a previous owner brazed on front and rear fender eyelets. It was done well and unobtrusively, and it's hard to see the touch-up paint without knowing it's there. Great race bike, obviously, but with the fender option this also becomes a great light touring and all-weather training bike.

I don't have the build sheet, but wrote to IF and they said it was a standard size 50 as on page 3 of this chart, though my head tube is 115 and not 111.

More photos:

Set 1

Set 2

Just a note: since I took these photos, I cleaned the inside of the BB shell and it looks quite a bit better.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bump it...someone wants/needs this.  Get your rig set up for the fall!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service