Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Who's all going to nationals?

Couple of questions to help people meet in-person:

What categories are you racing?

What bike will you be riding?

Post your nationals race reports here too.

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got the trailer loaded and heading out from Colorado this morning with our teams custom painted Ridley X-fire's. We've got guys and gal racing all days, so stop by the team parking area and say hello. Blue Sky Velo

W0rd! Welcome back to KC!
The wife and I are rolling a Red Rocks Velo Kit from Colorado.

Looking forward to my 3rd straight year of racing in KC. We checked out the course in 2006 and it was butt A$$ cold...just like it was in 2007. Come on cold weather for 2008!!!!!

Me
Pit crew/camera guy and Masters 34-39 male for a couple laps.
Lapierre x-lite

Wife
Masters 40-44 female
Elite Female
Van dessel Gin and Trombones

Probably hanging out by the super fast "BlurrSky" guys...they always have good beer. :) See you there!
I raced B29 this morning. The ground was hard at the start and a snotty mess by the end.
I managed to get the hole shot. Then I managed to eat it. Hard. I broke my front brake lever and spent the rest of the race powersliding through turns and crashing several more times. I'm hurtin' now!

My impressions of the course
What could have been a power rider's race, if dry, quickly turned into very technical course. Hairpin turns and off camber sections quickly became slick. There is a significant amount of climbing — for the most part you are either climbing or descending. The climbs are long, though the grades are not steep.

There are two sets of stairs, a double-barrier right before a hairpin, and a run-up that could be ridden, if not for the slick mud.

Because the course is pretty much all grass...or was grass this morning. The mud that accumulates on frames is a thick mixture of grass and soil. Wide profile brakes and open pedals — I ran Eggbeaters — were good ways to fight back against the muck.

Here's a shot of my bike after the race. Note the aggressive position of the forward-facing brake lever.

I'm sure Andrew will chime-in with his impressions of the course. I will say those who raced after us had more muck to deal with.

Here's a shot of Andrew and a Hup United teammate.

Sorry about crash and the lever.I saw your bike sitting there and it was getting alot of attention.Several people stopped to take a picture of your erect brake lever. I think they thought it was some new tricked out brake setup. :)
Collegiate D1
Independent Fabrication Planet Cross (Black w/ red panels)
I'll be the fool with his computer in a plastic bag doing live reports for everyone. Well one of a few fools I suppose. If it rains, look out for my camouflage bunker that I'll be typing out of, if you can see it that is...

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service