Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I know, I know - the ONLY thing to run in cross are tubulars, but for those of us who only have one clincher wheelset, does anyone have a good recommendation on tubes? I've been using Q-Tubes and I've had nothing but bad luck with them. I've flatted more this summer than I have the last two years and it always seems to be the valve stem area that's to blame. In fact, I've had a similar experience with these type of tubes on my road bike. I've sworn off them on the road and now I'd like to do the same for my cross bike. Any recommendations?? Anyone have a similar experience with Q-Tubes?

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've used Continentals and Bontrager tubes with good success...no experience at all with Q-Tubes.
how about NO tubes???
i'm running tubeless, as is everyone else on the mtb scene these days and will be running tubeless this year in cross, there really is NO reason not to. super low tubular-like pressures, superior traction, no chance of a pinch flat, weight savings, etc etc....
Two people on my team ran tubeless last year and both switched to tubulars this year due to burping. Just something to consider.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service