Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

1360 gram wheels for $325!

Sun Vista Cruiser Rims $100

Velocity 32h Road Hubs $150

Sapim Laser Spokes $60

Nipples $15

They build up to be bombproof. 32h, wider rims (more contact with tire)

Best part is, you crash, or someone ruins a rim, you are only out $50! Replacement cost on these inspire lots of confidence!

Please post any other options, I know everyone would love to ride tubulars, this is the cheapest/lightest I have seen.

Views: 3226

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aesome post! Thanks!
Did you build these up yourself?
You can add the photo inline with the camera icon...

Hmm I really like look of this, the width is a plus too. Searched for the rim and a link to "the worlds worst rim" came up, lol. How do the rims look with the spokes tightened, etc.? Everything true? If so I may be using this exact build for some CX/crappy road races some day
Sun ringle has two rims. 1 is a very light 280 gram aluminum tubular. It is considered the worlds worst rim. I don't think they make them anymore.

This one isn't. This one is more beafier with eyelets. It is 380 grams. I haven't knocked it out of true after 4 races.
Ah sweet sounds great, I may have to snag me a pair of those then. Did a huge write-up and I definitely think these are looking to be the way to go. Thanks for the idea!
lets group buy this!!
I can build these up. However the rims are out of stock till the end of the year.

Maybe in the summer I will build up a lot of sets as a group buy.
i would be really into this, and i know a bunch of others who would be too.
I can do a group buy at $240 a set.
Are you saying parts for $240 per set? Or you'll build them up for $240 per set?
Complete built wheels, plus freight.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service