Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Recently I've been getting sick with more vigorous off-bike cardio. I thought it was my diet, or related to fluid intake, or some other things, but now I'm wondering if it was because of my breathing.

Yesterday, while doing the same series of exercises I was very concerted about breathing only through my nose. As a result, I think I slowed my respiratory pattern, and either by consequence or happenstance, I didn't get sick. I know that if a person hyperventilates they can get nauseous, but when cycling and building up more metabolites than usual you need to increase your respiratory rate to breathe off the CO2. So is there a middle ground? Do you who are in the know worry about your breathing?

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a good thought, since I've only been getting sick in my local gym...maybe it's who I workout next to ;)

On an unrelated note...my wife and I are moving to Boise (tomorrow actually). If you're interested in doing some biking together, send me a message and we can exchange info. This is probably a dumb question (given that it's Boise), but is there much of a CX croud in Boise?

Thanks for the reply!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service