Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

hey all any of you use the Challenge Fango in the mud? the shop i race for sells Challenge so i can get them at a good discount, so how do they do in the deep mud? i race in the north west so we get half dry and have wet days.

thanks

Dan...

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was only 1 race that I did this year where we had really muddy conditions and my Fango's were much better than most of the other's. The work great in all conditions as far as I'm concerned.
Fangos work well when its slightly tacky and for dry courses. Heavier mud not so much. They don't shed mud that well either. I would personally stick with a chevron tread tire (Grifo).

If you want a real mud tire, get Vittoria XMs or Dugast Rhinos. Its so unbelievable how much faster you can ride when you have nice mud tires.
I totally agree here. The rhino has significantly better traction in mud! Vitorria xg too. For me the Fango sheds fine- just no traction!
I agree with Katsu. Tacky mud, and mix of ice and thin mud, Fangos are very good. Deep or wet mud, not as much.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service