Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Take a look at my recent winter project! I took a 1978 Schwinn road frame and bastardized it into a CX single speed. Check out how I did it, along with plenty of step by step pics. And the best part is it only cost me around $610 bucks!!!

http://podiumquest.blogspot.com/

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's how we do it! there was a time when cyclocross bikes were not sold in stores. here's last years model http://moonshinercx.blogspot.com/2008/10/meister.html
Quick question - if spending the time and $ to remove the chainstay cable stop, move the rear brake cable stops to the top of the top tube, and braze on rear canti mounts, why not remove the der hanger and perhaps even the rack/fender mounts? It is a single speed CX bike after all, and I would've been tempted to grab a hacksaw and whack the things off. The rack/fender mounts can be a great thing to leave on, but why leave the der hanger (other than to show its bastardity if that is even close to a viable term)?

Bike looks great, and I give you solid props for the orange/green scheme (especially the lions!) throughout. Watch those green tires, someone may steal your bike just for the coveted treads!
You answered your own question. And I am lazy. The thought was on my mind, but figured functionally the D-hanger and rack mounts were not affecting the overall use as a CX SS. But the cable stops and cantis were. Thanks for the feedback!
my goal is to spend as little money as possible...tape over the cable stops. my aesthetic does not even venture to a new paint job, i'm a punk and mine is a race ready 'punk bike'.... you spent your money wisely though. to each his own

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service