Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Hi all!
I'm about to buy my first CX bike. I decided to go for the giant TCX SLR1. I'm a bit confused with sizing. Before I rode a Trek Madone 56'' top-tube. For the giant I don't know if I should go for the M (52.5 seat-tube and 54.5 top-tube) or the M-L (54.5 S-T and 56 T-T). Oh, I am 6 foot and 32 3/4 inseam. What do you think? What are you guys riding? Anyone on a TCX?
Thanks!!!

Views: 438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Theres a lot of factors involved in bike sizing, but I highly doubt at 6 feet you'd be on a bike with a 54.5 TT unless your arms/torso is super short compared to your legs.  I am 5"11 w/32 inseam and my cx and road bikes have 56 and 56.5 top tubes and 110 and 120mm stems respectively.

I tbought so too. I've got pretty long arms but then saw in Competitve Cyclist that they were giving me the following measurements and I doubted:

The Competitive Fit (cm)
Seat Tube Range c–c:
Seat Tube Range c–t:
Top Tube Length:
Stem Length:
BB–Saddle Position:
Saddle Handlebar:
Saddle Setback:
55.5 - 56
57.2 - 57.7
53.9 - 54.3
11.2 - 11.8
76.3 - 78.3
52.8 - 53.

I'm with BSUdude

I'm 6'2" with a 31" inseam.  My cross bikes are usually the same size as my road bikes but I'll run a 10-20mm shorter stem and might run the saddle a little lower - 5mm or so.  I rode a Giant TCR m/l road bike for 2 years and that would have been a great cross size for me.  

Hope that helps a little

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service