Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

On the US Cycling website license selection page it says that the MTB license includes Cyclo-Cross. Is this true? I thought you had to get a Road/Track/Cyclo-Cross license? Can someone clear this up for me? I am a noob and have never got a license before.


Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the past I believe you could only race on a road license, but last year I noticed that you could race on either a road or mtb.
It is just weird that on the following page after you select the mtb license, they have it listed as mtn cross and only cat 1-3 is available to select. Where is the cat 4? A little confusing!
Mountain Cross is a different type of racing entirely. Lumped in with dual slalom.

If you buy either a road or MTB license, you just need to specify a category on the first page for cyclocross.
it's been a long, long time since it was just road only. norba licenses were good way back. last year they moved to # categories for mtb instead of "sport" and "expert" but I've always felt the #s were a bit off with only 3 categories. I'll never ever be a cat 2 on the road but to call myself a cat 2 on fat tires just seems like i'm a poser. I'd guess most sport racers could not keep up with a cat 2 road field - expert seemed to me to be more aligned.

but talk it up. tell everyone you're a cat 3!


Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!




© 2023   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service