Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

My cyclocross dream was years in the making, but in February 2011, it got serious. I wanted success. And with most things that get serious, serious shit gets in the way.

Nationals would be in Madison for two years, and in 2013, I’d get to race against the really old guys in 50 plus division. I trained, bought the Focus bikes we hoped would be our team bike, trained a lot more. I wanted to do well at nationals, be seriously competitive. I knew I wouldn’t win, but I secretly hoped for a top ten finish. So I bought the A and B Focus bikes this summer, hoping they would give me an edge.

But the serious dream got way too serious. I lost the fun. Lost it big time. Left my whiskey at home and just brought extra sets of wheels. Stayed home at night to rest my old man’s legs.

My realization: I’m never going to win nationals. I’m not even going to win old guy states! And my team is never going to be the Pony Shop team or Boulder Cycle Sport team. We are who we are.

So I want to ride steel again. Just have fun. Bring the whiskey. Travel with my teammates.

And that’s okay. So my dream bikes can now be your reality. You can pick up the shattered pieces of my dream, and they can be yours. And you can ride them to your own glory.

The Focus CX-2 carbon Ultegra bike is a rock star. Size Large. Stiff, snappy, tight geometry. Probably the fastest bike I’ve ever ridden. The wheels, cassette, stem, bars, seatpost, and saddle are all unused and brand new since I used my own stuff. I even put on Avid Shorty Ultimates for brakes. It got me to a couple of podiums in Chicago, and a couple of top fives in Wisconsin.  It’s yours for $2,199 or a really good offer. We can split shipping in the continental U.S. http://www.focus-bikes.com/int/en/bikes/bikes-2012/category/cyclocr...

The Focus AX-1 aluminum Ultegra bike is a steady, precise, and stiff ride. Size Large. It too has original wheels, cassettes, stem, bars, seatpost, and saddle, brand new and unused. It served me well for training rides and in the muddy races of Badger Prairie. It’s yours for $1,499 or a really good offer. We can split shipping in the continental U.S.

http://www.focus-bikes.com/int/en/bikes/bikes-2012/category/cyclocr...

I also have three sets of Corsa Concept tubular wheels. They have been awesome, bomb-proof. They have a nice wide rim for gluing. They do not come with tires or cassettes. $375 a set or a really good offer. We can split shipping in the continental U.S.

http://www.corsaconcepts.com/products/98ATR

Photos are available. All these are listed on Craigslist Milwaukee as well. Thank you!

Views: 2036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All wheels are sold! Sorry. Just The carbon Mares left. 

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service