Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

In an effort to add clarity and quantify a multitude of widths on cyclocross clinchers, we have started a crowdsourced project to collect data.  However, we need everyone's help.  If you contribute useful data, we'll crunch the numbers, do the statistical analysis, and give you access to all the results.  

The ultimate goal is to create a model for each tire so you can see how wide it will be on any rim of your choice.  We have already fully modeled a handful of tires with another lot approaching completion soon.

If you're up for the task, please read the instructions carefully and enter your data at the following site. An extremely important note on instructions: the quality of your data affects everyone, so read first then take the measurements.  Please don't make us have to delete sloppy or bogus data.

http://www.designcycles.net/cx_tire.htm

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so unless we contribute (which requires digital calipers) we can't see the data? 

I completely understand your comment.  Once we have reached critical mass with the data, we would like to make this available to everyone.  Even those who didn't contribute.  However, this project was launched just last night so there are only two contributors including myself.  

We also need to use appropriate and sufficiently precise tools for measuring.  A yard stick or even a ruler would decrease the value of the results and I'm pretty sure everyone would be disappointed with shoddy data.  Analog calipers are perfectly acceptable.  

So tell your buddies to enter some data and we'll be able to get the results out to everyone sooner!  Cheers!

Good luck with the project!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service