Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Looking for any input on these bikes I'm choosing from.

• Bianchi Axis
  • Specialized CruX Elite
  • Salsa Chili con Crosso - Last year's model priced close to the others.

I like each one for a different reason so hoping someone may have some experience to share.  Also, in sizing a cross bike, do they generally run smaller than a road bike?  I ride a 61cm specialized road bike but was told I should look at a 58 in the CruX. Just wanted to confirm I'm getting good advice.

Thanks for any help.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At your height, smaller bike might be nice... but for shorter people they should NOT go down.. and might go up for less toe overlap. Sizing is very similar to road.

It seems like you should be getting better than Tiagra for $1400 (just a guess on the Specialized). I'd look at the Raleigh RX 1.0... I prefer 2010's parts kit, but 2011 is still nice. If you go with the Specialized, consider the Comp (w/SRAM Rival). The Salsa on sale might be the best bet of what you listed.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting thought about getting a smaller bike. I'll ride the various sizes to see what feels best. The Crux is about $1,200 but agree that the salsa might be the best option. I like the idea of the cables either running internally or on the top tube so that is my hold back on that bike right now
Seriously... find a Raleigh RX1.0 to try before you buy anything... one of the best values, good spec.
I ride an XXL (61) Specialized road bike and XXL Crux as well.

That being said, go take one for a ride and judge for yourself!
Thanks for your input.
I ride a 61ish road bike and a 59 (the biggest size as its sloping) salsa chilli con crosso. I like the taller position on the salsa and find it handles very well, the down tube routed cables have not given me any problems and I live in seattle so the bike has seen lots of mud. Size the bike by top tube, you want a similar length to your road bike, horizontal reach should remain similar but with the bars higher (less drop). The salsa is a great bike for the money
Just went and looked at one. $500 off of msrp as it's last year's color.. Super light. Does seem like a lot of bike for the money..

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service