Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Im shopping for my first cross bike. I would like to stay in the $1,200-$1,500 price range. I'm 5'8 185lbs- since there are so many brands/ models out there, I was wondering if I could narrow it down to 3 brands/ models, what should they be? I'm trying to get an idea of what people are riding.
Thank you

Views: 679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice. Brands to consider would change slightly depending if you were just racing the bike or going to use it for other riding year-round, too. Make sure you factor fit into the decision--there can be a huge difference from one brand to another and knowing your ideal top tube range and stuff can be really helpful when shopping.

FELT - F75X  my personal fav

Redline Conquest 

Raleigh RX 1.0 (REI is currently having a closeout sale on the 2012)

Also, dido on what Chris said - the best CX bike for you is one that fits!  

Thank you so much for responding. Ive been doing alot of research on reviews of bikes and the Felt F75x has got killer reviews!!! Of course, I'm all hyped up to see one and I can't find anywhere near my house. A dealer has the 55x & 65x not the 75x. I'm going to keep calling other bike shops. So far I have ridden a Specialized Crux elite. It fit well, very comfortable. I'm not sure at to the overall quality. I'm going to test ride a Colnago World Cup this weekend...we shall see.

Where are you located? I'm working to launch a new site out of Portland (cyclocross.com) and I know there's 53, 55 and 57cm F75X inventory kicking around places in Portland.

Acton, MA

Ah, darn. We'll be shipping bikes once the site goes live, but can't ship Felts. Has to be somebody in MA that has one, though.

Yea, I've been trying to destroy a F75X for two years now without much luck (and I'm hard on bikes).  The F65X and 55X share the same geometry as the the F75X,  so if you found a 55 or 65 that fits your dealer could order a 75 in the same size.   

Good news: after 7 different bike shops, I finally found a 75x. Going to check it out on Friday!!!!
After an exhausting search- i finally got my first cross bike!!!!!I came across a great deal on a used bike:
Cannondale (optimo) Cyclocross Bike, Tim Johnson 9 Ball special- Team Edition
Fulcrum 5 wheelset
FSA Gossamer Crankset
Ritchey Speedmax tires
Shimano 105 shifters
Shimano 105 Front Derailleur
Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur
Fizik Aliante Saddle
Richey Carbon Pro Fork with carbon steerer tube
FSA Headset

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service