Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

First, new here(though not new to cross).Hi every one. Did my first race in ten years today. Felt great to be out getting dirty! Finished 9th of 15. Reasonable placing for only 800 miles in my legs this year. Race was River Hill Cross in Kewaskum, Wisconsin, course was a blast. Crowds were good but not great.

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did my first race in 20 years today.

It was a blast, although I think I got about 45th out of 50! Two pinch flats in 30 minutes running clinchers at low pressure had me ordering Stans tubeless set-up after I got home last night!

welcome back! 

congrats on finishing. hopefully it was a very addictive re-introduction.

i think for many of us that are like me (just started cx last year) it would be great to hear your thoughts on how the sport has changed over the last decade.  i'm sure many of the people here have probably been racing for a long time, but it might be interesting to get your perspective having been away from it for so long.

This was actually my first CX race. I raced on the road at National level as a teen and in my early 20's - raced for approximately 12 years. I did have knobbies on an old road bike back in the 80's and did informal cyclocross around local parks but never actually raced CX.

We had a pretty good turnout at the races in North Georgia last weekend, great people, lots of fun. This sport is a lot more exciting than road racing, and I believe harder also, (or maybe its just that I am no longer a Cat 2 racer!)

I would also like to hear people's thoughts on how the sport has evolved. From my perspective it seems to be much more popular than it was 20 years ago.

It's a completely different animal now. In a good way. Bigger fields, bigger crowds, much better technology. The venues are much nicer now as well. My kids are absolutely nuts about their dad racing, tons of fun. Am doing another race this saturday. Re-addicted!!

Jeff:

We'll see you at Grafton. You'll find bigger fields and crowds around Milwaukee and Madison -- and more typical courses. River Hill Park was a sweet venue and fun, but tough, race. Some rideable sand and pretty good kicker of a hill (only one and it's rideable) await you at Grafton. 

Welcome back!

Nate

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service