Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

2008 Salsa Cycles La Cruz 53cm…56cm equivalent
$1200 with free ground shipping, or $1100 with local pickup in SoCal. Paypal accepted. Check out my feedback on EBay, user name asomer.
9 speed, Ultegra STI, compact crankset, 12-27 DA cassette, hand-built wheels.
Beautiful pristine steel stunner looking for a new home! Nice custom touches and upgrades. Semi-sloping top tube makes this bike equivalent to a 56cm traditional road bike. I am 5’ 10” and it fits perfectly. I bought this bike in 2008 to replace my road bike, and have enjoyed a few commutes, fun rides and SoCal ‘cross races on it. I applied frame saver tape to all the wear points, so the Orange Pop paint is in excellent condition. There is one small dent in the top tube of inexplicable origin – perhaps a bike shop mishap. It’s purely cosmetic and poses no structural issues (another benefit of steel!).
The True Temper OX Platinum steel frame/fork is smooth yet responsive. Front and rear Avid BB-7 disc brakes keep the sight lines clean and guarantee gobs of stopping power under any conditions and load. Because the La Cruz is disc brake only, the frame is designed using 135mm rear wheel spacing. It does NOT accept traditional 130mm rear road hubs. The semi-sloping top tube provides some extra standover clearance, but still leaves a roomy-enough front triangle for textbook cyclocross run ups. Run tires up to 700c x 42mm with proper cyclocross mud clearance.
Upgrades over a stock La Cruz include hand built wheels with alternating green and gold spoke nipples and matching Chris King spacers, and Jagwire bronze colored cable housings. I also installed Ultegra shifters and a Dura-Ace 12-27 9 speed cassette. Finally, I bolted on a shallow drop FSA bar . Note too that the brakes are set up ‘cross or "moto" style, with the right lever operating the front brake. This is easily reversed to the conventional setup. Saddle and pedals are not included. Will throw in a set of like new Schwalbe Marathon Cross tires.
Complete Bike Specs:
Frame: La Cruz, True Temper OX Platinum Main Triangle
Fork: La Cruz, True Temper OX Platinum, 1-1/8"
Headset: Ritchey Logic 1-1/8", Black
Handlebar: FSA Wing Pro Compact Bend 42 cm (center to center)
Stem: FSA OS 190 90mm
Handlebar Tape: Profile Design, Black
Front Brake: Avid Road BB7, 160mm Rotor
Rear Brake: Avid Road BB7, 160mm Rotor
Shifter/Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra STI 9-Speed
Crankset: SRAM Rival
Chainring: 50/34 Compact
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ
Chain: Shimano 9 speed
Front Hub: Shimano XT, 32H, 100mm O.L.D., 6-Bolt ISO, Silver
Rear Hub: Shimano XT, 32H, 135mm O.L.D., 6-Bolt ISO, Silver
Quick Release: Shimano XT, black Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 12-27T, 9-Speed, Aluminum/Titanium
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition, Double-Butted, 2.0/1.8mm, Silver
Nipples: Alloy, gold/green alternating
Rims: Salsa Delgado 29'er Race Disc, 32H, Silver
Tires: Panaracer Pasela, 700c x 32mm
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
Seatpost Clamp: Salsa Lip-Lock, 30.0mm, Black

Views: 157

Attachments:

Reply to This

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service