Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

For sale is my 52cm 2012 Specialized Crux Expert with SRAM Force. The paint scheme is the Black/White/Red. Here is a link to the bike from Specialized's site. This frame was purchased new at the beginning of last season and spec'd out very similarly to the stock build with some major improvements. The largest being a Specialized S-Works BB30 Crank with Carbon Spider and SRAM CX chainrings. This crank is far lighter and stiffer than the stock FSA that Specialized specified. The SRAM chainrings also shift drastically better. Also I used Avid Shorty Ultimates instead of TRP Eurox Brakes. They have way more stopping power and are easily adjustable.

I raced this bike about 10 times last season and rode it on gravel during fair weather (no nasty sloppy days, that is what my SS is for). At the end of the season I replaced the rear derailleur due to the old one being fairly beat up. The chain, cassette and bottom bracket were also replaced at the end of the season. The shifters were replaced as well. I had a pair of SRAM Apex's on the bike due to running out of funds at the end of the build. I upgraded them to SRAM Rival just recently over the summer.

Here is the spec :

Frame: Specialized Crux Expert Aluminum Frame 52cm

Fork: Specialized Crux Carbon tapered (1.125/1.5")

Headset: FSA Sealed

Stem: 3T Pro 100mm

Handlebar: Control Tech Classic Drop

Tape: Specialized Classic Black

Seat: Bontrager Inform Race Lite (New)

Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece

Brakes: Avid Shorty Ultimates

Shifters: SRAM Rival (New)

Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force (New)

Front Derailleur: SRAM Force

Crank: Specialized S-Works with Carbon Spider

Chainrings: SRAM Red CX 46/38t

Cassette: Shimano 105 11-28t (New)

Chain: SRAM PC-1091R (New)

Wheels: Mavic Rims to 105 clincher

Tires: Specialized Captain 34c Clincher or Challenge Fango or Grifo

Asking price is now $1000 + shipping. Got the new bike in the stable, so this one needs to go. Was asking $1200, so please no lowball offers. Email and questions to arob157 at gmail dot com.

Views: 3592

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still available? Do you have pictures? Thx.

The bike is still available (probably due to the lack of pictures). I honestly have been lazy and haven't taken them. I will get some posted here or to your email by morning.

Finally took pics. I had to get the new shifters slapped on as well. Got them installed today. Even left the stickers on them to prove they are brand new with 0 miles on them.

Attachments:

Price dropped as of 08/21/2013.

Any chance you still have the older shifters kicking around?

I actually do. Email me at arob157 at gmail dot com if you are interested. The right shifter was actually warrantied, so it is brand new.

I've sent you an email regarding the bike.

mike

Is this bike still for sale?

mike

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service