2013 Specialized Carbon Crux Disc Pro -- 58cm -- Shimano Ultegra -- Stan's Iron Cross Wheelset
Original owner -- selling bike as part of a moving sale. Less room in the new place and have to downsize on some items. This is a great all-around bike that can do it all from gravel grinders, commuter, converting to road with a wheel/tire swap and of course what it was made for -- racing cyclocross.
Reviews for this bike were excellent for performance, handling, and is very similar in build to the Specialized Tarmac road frame.
About the Frameset:
• Specialized FACT 10r carbon Disc frame, features cross specific geometry and race features, tapered headtube, and OSBB for greater stiffness, acceleration, efficiency and handling on any race course
• All-new FACT carbon disc specific fork with tapered steerer provides ample tire clearance and the best balance of strength, stiffness, and compliance for cyclocross racing
• 1-1/8" to 1-3/8" headset with sealed, stainless steel bearings ensures precision, low maintenance, and lighter weight; with 20mm of carbon spacers
I used it exclusively for racing and training during cx season for two seasons in southern CA. Only saw the mud one time (in northern CA) The bike has normal wear and is in great condition.
• Carbon Frame and Fork with Race Geometry -- Size 58cm
• Ritchey Carbon Cockpit -- bars, stem, and seatpost
• Shimano Ultegra (6700) Road Levers 10-speed with 46/36 chainrings and 11-28T cassette
• Specialized S-Works Crankset - 175mm
• TRP Spyre Mechanical Disc Brakes with brand new pads (awesome stopping power)
• Stan's Iron Cross Wheels -- tires set up tubeless
• Specialized Phenom Pro Saddle (143mm) w/ Titanium Rails
• Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 Pedals
This frame is DI2 compatible so it can be converted as needed to match your needs. As stated, this is a 10-speed drivetrain and hub for the wheel. It is not 11-speed compatible but again, can changeover if that's your preference. It currently weighs about 18 lbs. but with carbon wheelset such as Stan's Valors or Enve's I was able to bring it down to 17 lbs on race day.
It's listed locally on Craigslist and will work out a deal with the buyer for packing/shipping:
Specs and more about the bike on the Specialized site:
© 2023 Created by Cyclocross Magazine. Powered by