Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

The season is almost at a close.  My last scheduled race is two weeks from yesterday.  Perhaps I'll find another, but more than likely I'll head to the 1upUSA trainer to log miles in the comfort of my own home.  There's been snow here lately, and the wind-chills have dipped into the teens.  So... here's my question:

What are your indoor set-ups like?  I lament the fact that I can't afford a virtual trainer (hell... I just spent $3K to build my bike), and I really want to have a heads-up display or at least a large GUI (on my tablet or android phone would be great).  Anyone have this all figured out?

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will do anything to stay outdoors for as long as possible. Insulated Sidi MTB boots, windproof tights and jacket, knobby tires (of course!). Embrocation and face wax to keep the wind off.

If cold is your only problem, there are many things you can to to avoid the boredom of the indoor trainer.

I live in Maine were we have gotten 2 feet of snow in the last 10 days but I do my endurance rides outside. I will do my 2x20's etc. etc. on the trainer. Ya I'm still doing 2x20's cause I'm heading to N.C. for the last 2 winter series races.  MY set-up is low-tech CycleOps Fluid2, TV and a Ipod. Which works for me because I spend no more than 60 mins. on it.

But I would prefer do be out-side.

Check out Trainerroad.com (2 r's).  

Might be what you're looking for.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service