Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Does anyone know of a lightweight cable hanger other than the one's the guy here was making, and can anyone identify the hanger in this pic?

I swear that looks like a bmx gyro hanger with one tab cut off. I got that pic from a German site or I would just ask him but I dont speak the language.

Views: 238

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hard to see from the picture exactly what you are talking about but a nice lightweight solution is to take a rear brake cable hanger and attach it to a handlebar clamp bolt. Scroll to the bottom of this link-

http://plusonelap.blogspot.com/search/label/Weight%20Tip

You might have to file the hanger a bit to make it fit to the clamp. This is certainly lighter than any other headset style hanger. I have my bike set up this way and people always ask about it.
Attachments:
so thats your chili con crosso? if so. sweet bike! interesting idea, but i would like find a "traditional" cable only lighter and cant believe there arent several options out there. the first to design a nice one i bet could make a little money seeing as how there are none.

in the pic above, notice his cable hanger looks like a cnc plate or something, that's why im asking because i dont know what it is? maybe no one else thinks about a lightweight cable hanger, but it looks like thats about the one part that you will see the same on a $200 bike and a $5000 bike. there needs to be an upgrade!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service