Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

anyone out there have a Felt Carbon frame/fork/bike they want to sell - F1 - F4 from within the last couple years - 55 cm

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Canti - BTW

I have a 53 f4X available, di2 or mechanical Ultegra.

sorry - need a 55CM - keep me in mind if you see anything

Thanks,

Nate

Doesn't help you any, but I just got an F4x with CX1 and love it. 

chris - i have the fx4 canti - but switched out components to Sram - and had another unbranded carbon frame as other bike - wanted to match up rides - all wheels are canti etc - cant find canti anywhere - so took the plunge and got last years model - disc...do like those frames - fit me well - thanks for the shout out.

I have a complete bike F1X 55cm for sale if you are still looking.

http://madison.craigslist.org/bik/4679426189.html

thanks - but was having trouble finding a canti - so bit the bullet and an heading over to disc...got a really good deal on last year model through my shop - thanks

I bought a 2014 F5X recently...now I realized that I should have waited for the 2015.  The BB5 brakes will need to be upgraded since the organic pads won't survive in muddy conditions and Avid doesn't make a metallic pad for the BB5.  So, I'm looking at upgrading to either BB7 or the TRP Spyre's.  And I may upgrade the fork to a thru axle; should help to stiffen the front end, as far as braking is concerned.  Less chance of the rotor rubbing the pads.

thanks for the heads up...i got a great deal on the bike - but i figured some of what you say - already ordered new wheels...and taking some higher end Sram stuff over to this one - did not know about the thru axle issue with the fork - but won't that then impact the wheels you can use...would need a different front hub correct??...this is part of my issue - I like to switch out wheels for conditions...have four different sets for canti...the cost of all the infrastructure to support the conditions is the big limiter of why I have not made the switch yet - 

Exact same reason I made the purchase.  Even though the bike doesn't have the latest features, the races I have done on my Felt, have changed my mind about disk brakes and carbon. 

Yes, you would need to get a different front hub...Velocity and American Classic make a convertible hub that works with a QR and will work with a thru axle.  Just have to change the end caps on the hub.

thanks for the heads up - but already ordered a new set of wheels with standard hub...:-)...they gotta stop changing shit so fast - too much $$$ to keep up - unless your Sven or Jeremy....:-)

If you're Sven or Jeremy you don't have to worry about how much through axles cost. We got a rear convertible Velocity hub at the shop the other day. Looks pretty good. 

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service