Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Long time road-rider -- new to sport -- looking to buy complete bike -- not too thrashed.

5'5" tall -- 51 or 52cm top-tube best for me. Northern California based.

Thanks.

Views: 547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry I don't have a bike to sell you but I too am 5'5" 130 lbs long time roadie/triathlete. I just bought a new Lynskey Cooper CX small, 70mm stem and I absolutely love it. No toe overlap. Fits great....I know some would say it doesn't fit if I have a 70 stem...it's a personal preference. Pavement, single track, jeep trails...such a great ride. My road ride is a Colnago CT-1 for comparison. I demo'd a Redline for an afternoon and there's just no comparison. Good luck!
Why would some people say it doesnt fit? Is 70mm to short a stem? Is the small frame size to big or small? Thanks
I'm about the same size, typically ride a 51cm road bike, and ended up ordering the Ridley X-Fire in a size 41cm! (It has a sloping top tube). It's due to arrive tomorrow. Did a lot of "searching" over the net, and I was hard pressed to find a frameset that was small enough for me.
Oh ... forgot to mention . . if you are curious about the X-Fire, there is a bike shop on eBay selling a completely built-up bike in XS (41cm).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160369340980..." target="_blank"
thanks for the responses -- I've been looking at the Van Dessel Gin & Trombones -- top tube is 52.5 cm -- I've read that typically cross-bikes should be a little tighter (shorter top tubes) as a rider sits a bit more upright than on a traditional road frame. Let me know how the X-Fire works out for you & good luck.
I almost pulled the trigger on the smallest Gin & Trombones, but decided that the top tube and standover height were a bit too much for me. Since then, I learned that standover height isn't as critical as the top tube length. FYI, the standover for the 50cm G&T is a shade over 29".
Are you still looking for a bike? I have a 44cm Redline you might be interested in. Let me know
Also looking for a 44cm cross bike for my 11 year old son.  Thanks

Kenneth-

I have an XS Blue Norcross for sale.  It has a 51.5 top tube.  I am 5'4" and it fit me great.  I have it listed in the classified forum with specs. http://cowbell.cxmagazine.com/forum/topics/blue-norcross-cyclocross....

Good luck,

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  I think that it may be a touch big for my son and a little more than I was looking to spend for his first cross bike.

Thanks again

h

Kenneth - I have a used 50cm Voodoo Limba I am willing to sell for around $150.00.  Scandium Frame, Steel Fork.  I am 5"7" and it is a tad too small for me, but would probably fit someone 5'5".   I am also in Northern California - Central Valley to be exact.  Let me know if you're interested.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service