Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I need help choosing what size to get. I am 5'6". I an not sure if I should get the XS or small. I dont have a road bike to compare it to. Please help

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

XS has a 52.5 effective top tube. The S would be WAAAAY to long across the top tube @ 54cm effective. Go with the XS.
Won't I be to cramped? With the slack headtube angile won't it make the tt to short? Thanks
Likely no. It will allow you to ride a 'normal' sized stem, as opposed to running a 80mm, or the like. Stems and bars affect fit, as does the post you ride.
I'm 6'1" and ride a Salsa with a 55cm top tube and 120mm stem, with a Thomson setback post. It fits me perfectly.

One of my former clients is 5'6" and riding a 49cm frame with a 52cm top tube and a 100 stem. It's a good fit.
Do you have a local shop that can do a fit so that you get some numbers? Without knowing your arm length and the ratio of your torso to your legs, it would be hard to make a recommendation.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service