Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Nashbar's got the Mavic Kyserium Elite wheelset for sale at $399. These wheels weigh in at 1550g which is attractive to me, since my Fuji came set up with heavy Alex rims w/no-name hubs - great for training and just beating to death, but I have two 10,000 foot rides planned this summer and I'm trying to cut the weight.

Yes, I'm starting with Phred. But the bike's gotta shed some pounds, too. :)

Any feedback on this wheelset? Is it up to the abuse of CX? I'm in a race which is 70 miles (50% tarmac, 50% Forest Service road), and I'm doing a bunch of riding in India's Nilgiris mountains. So it's not going to get the CX abuse you'd see racing - not until this fall, that is. I'd love to know if it can take the abuse.

Thanks,

John O.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can't hurt them.

Get em! Great wheelset at an amazing price...Check out Mavic's MP3 program, then get them.

Yes, I saw that and I totally plan on signing up for it. -- Glad to hear everyone has so much positive to say about this wheelset. I will plan on picking it up shortly.

Been running tubeless (Bulldogs) on Ksy Elites (UST rims) them for two seasons with no problem. Raced them at least 17-18 times on a wide variety of courses. Might have trued them once? and cleaned/oiled the freewheel pawls once?

These bad boys are bomb proof and easy to maintain.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service