Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

For running tubeless, Mavic Ksyruim elites or Shimano Ultergra.   I know the Shimano's are about 100 grams heavier but are tubeless ready, whereas the Mavic's are not so you have to run a conversion kit so weight is about the same.Without discussing price, anyone have any experience on both as far as performance and durability.

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do the elites have nipple holes? can't remember but I have run both Ksyrium SL's and Ultegra 6700 tubeless. The SL's were nice because I just used sealant and Hutchinson tires, no converson kit. My advice to you would be to make it as simple as possible and run the 6700's. Conversion kit's can be a pain. I have never had a problem when I run tubeless compatible rims with tubeless specific tires. Both my Mavic and Shimano wheels held up fine and took a beating with sand and grit eventually getting the better of the braking surface. Do a search on the site, there are endless discussions about tubeless setups.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service