Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Michelin Mud 2 / Schwalbe Racing Ralph / Schwalbe Rocket Ron / Vittoria Cross XG

I'm looking for allrounder cyclocross tyres and I've found these available. Which one/pair do You suggest? I need them for racing, mostly grassy and frozen terrain, sometimes mud and even snow and ice. So...?

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm looking for the same thing. I posted about an issue i had with the vittoria cross xg's on my ridley x-bow earlier and am looking for something beefier. The vittoria cross xg's slipped away from me 5 times in a row while practicing some tight off camber cornering in dry grass. I imagine they'd SUCK in anything mucky at all. I was running them 35psi tubeless too.
Michelin Mud 2 and Maxxis Raze... these were the "allrounders" recommended in the most of reviews, forums.
If you're looking at Michelin Muds get the Clement PDX. It does everything the Mud does but better. It's a very solid all around tire.

I am a first year cross racer and have ridden the michelin mud 2 for both races I have entered and the first race being SUPER muddy and the 2nd race being a super dry/hardpack course. I have no complaints about the tires in either condition.

Oswego cyclist

how much do you weigh?
I'm a fan of the Mud 2s...and I also like the Hutchinson Bulldogs for really sloppy conditions. They have a round profile where the Mud 2s are more square and I roll off that edge at lower PSI cornering.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service