Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

What is the official policy for cat 2 racers at nationals, is it cool to enter the B race? I plan on "racing" ie trying not to get lapped, in the elite field but it would be fun to do a race where im not immediately off the back too

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think a cat 2 in the B field is sandbagging. I'd suggest not doing it. Too young for an age grade race? I think there will be a SS race. try that. You can convert one of you bikes to SS for the day.
I'd agree with vanwacx, but I don't think there's an official policy on that. You can totally do it, and some Cat 2s have in the past. But if you do it and lap me, which race can I drop down to if I too want to do another race and not get lapped by a cat 2? I don't think they'll let me in the jr. 10-12. :-)

Removing your front shifter cable and leaving a piece of cable in the rear derailleur will let you race the SS race: http://cxmagazine.com/how-to-convert-your-bike-to-singlespeed. They're not very anal about how you get to one gear, typically.
I re-looked over this years schedule and realized SS is now on friday, last year it was sunday morning making that double impossible but the new schedule makes that an easy option

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service