Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

i haven't flatted yet but if i do, assuming i get to the neutral pit what can they do for me?

i don't have a spare disc brake wheel and am running tubeless.

dave

Views: 427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They would definitely have an air pump. I suggest bringing your own kit with extra sealant.

I put some CX tires on an old heavy set of wheels that I use as a backup. You might consider buying an extra pair of disc wheels if you're worried about flatting (but isn't that the whole point of self-healing tubeless tires?).
I've been looking at getting tubulars discs for extra wheels. trying to decide on less expensive carbons vs metal rims .

But I wasn't sure if they'd help with chain or shifting stuff.

Thanks

Though not for a flat issue, I had pretty awesome service from SRAM neutral support at a race once. My shifter fell apart (as in the lever broke off during a shift) and when I made it to the pit, they gave me a loaner (nicer than my own bike) for the rest of the race. By the time I finished, and me being slow probably helped this, I had a brand new shifter installed and dialed in on my bike. Neutral support at its finest.

Agreed. Sram's neutral support is great. I have had the need to use a tube from them at King's last winter (the warm up for World's) when I flatted on a warm-up lap. I repaid with a few beers and I think it was a great deal. They are super nice and very good.

I chatted up the guy at this weekend's Cobbs Hill Cyclocross. Surprised to learn he is independent of any shop. He stood next to the course with wheels in his hand at the ready, had disc and rim available for FREE should one need them.
He had great advice on bike setup and maintenance too.
What a great service to have available.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service