Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I have a killer set of cross wheels for sale.  They are 12 different types of badass.  Sven probably raced a set of these when he was a junior.  Jens probably still trains on something similar.  They have soul.  Yes you can buy a set of deep carbon wheels from china/ebay for not much more, but they would have no soul.  These belong on a steel Salsa or Sycip or Soulcraft or RockLobster etc.

Lots of pics here

-NOS Mavic CXP30 Tubular Rims
-NOS Dura Ace 7700 Rear Hub 24h (factory slotted)
-Near-new Dura Ace 7700 Front Hub 24h (factory slotted)
-DT New Aero 3.3x1.1mm bladed spokes.
-Sapim 16mm brass nipples.
-Radial front, 2x rear.

The front hub and spokes were taken from a CXP30 clincher TT wheel that saw a few hundred miles of racing.  It is nearly perfect cosmetically.  Rear hub is NOS with the TI cassette body and axle and I still have the box if you want that for some silly reason.  Both hubs are factory slotted for bladed spokes.  Rear skewer is included and NOS.  Front skewer is included and has the same usage as its hub.  Some minor scratching on the lever-side 'nut'.  These were built with the proper internal eyelets/gromets.  Tensions are high (110front, 120rear-ds, 75rear-nds) and uniform.  Wheels are dead true and round with no sizable hops.

The deep bladed spokes and 30mm rims make these really strong.  I have a similar set as my crit wheels (DA7800 > Kinlin30s > DT New Aero) and at 175lbs they are plenty strong and stiff.

These will not win any weight battles.

$450 + shipping.

Views: 559

Reply to This

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service