Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Just bought a pair of Challenge Latex tubes to lighten my clincher set up and have been told they'll give a more supple ride. Got to thinking, does anyone know if you can patch em if you pinch flat (heard they're less likely to pinch flat too) or get a thorn?

Let me know if you just use the same ol patch kit as you do for a rubber tire....kinda doubt it for some reason.

Thanks!

Views: 969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting, wonder what iteration I have? Mine seem to be bright red but didnt notice a powdery feel to them or oily residue per se. I raced mine a 2nd time last weekend and definately felt it bottom out on one compression of the course 3-4X, not to mention the lip of a sidewalk the same # and finished with full pressure. After the race I must have run over a thorn, got a slow leak, but added Stans when I got home and eventually it sealed....holding full pressure. I wonder if i should add some powder and if so, what kind?

Btw, i've noticed it's easy to get these caught like you mentioned so it's best to inflate somewhat first to put it in position on the rim as they seem to be a smaller volume than a standard clincher tube and have a tendency to migrate towards the lip of the rim.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service