Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

just doing an informal poll - are the racer #s up in your area? anyone have real #s? or perhaps more races to chose from keeping field sizes same or smaller?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I don't have the real numbers, but I recently talked about this issue with the CX race promoter here in Michigan (Tailwind ent.) and he said that attendance is up 10% across every class for his series!
On the other side of Michigan numbers were up significantly in the KISSCROSS Series which set ALL-TIME attendance records race after race. Just guessing but I figure it's up anywhere from 10 to 20%!
Numbers in Utah are up about 35%
Kansas and Western Missouri are way up! If I remember correctly, we went from 90 racers to 199 plus at some events. CX has just gone nuts in this area. Nationals had something to do with it but it is the promoters in this area who should get all the credit. Check out the pictures from this weekend at www.flickr.com/lanternerouge/

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service