Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

So last night I did my first training race after a long layoff from cross and had a blast, BUT I need to adjust my cockpit abit.  My cross bike fit is geared a bit toward the road side of things... which works fine on my own not super tech course, but on a real course, control was rough and I need to readjust. I have a long stem at a negative rise which I like (I'm tall with longish arms) and by no means a "contender".

Do I

- flip the stem to a positive rise?

- size down in the stem and stay negative?

- Size down and go positive?

I realize this isn't and end all be all answer but looking to to toss ideas around...

Thanks!

Todd

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since it's the easiest thing to do, flip the stem you have and don't forget to angle your handle bar up a bit.  Ride it and see.  Try to find a 1cm shorter stem to borrow and and ride that pos and neg and see how that feels.  The experience I have with fitting customers is that everyone is so different it is better to give them a baseline and then encourage them to ride it for week and come back for adjustments if needed.  In other words, its a lot of trial and error.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service