Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

While I don't need a power reading for cx races, it would be interesting to look at after the fact.  But I use my cx bike for road training and gravel/roubaix type races and want to have power measurements for that.  So which do you think would be the safer option; crank or hub based?  Basically which electronics would stand up better to the possible abuse?  Not too worried about the weight issue in either case. 

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is budget an issue?  The new Stages left crank arm based units look pretty awesome to me.  http://www.stagescycling.com/

And they seem like they are in a good spot to keep them pretty well protected from debris and such.  The reviews seem pretty favorable as well.  But I think they currently have a decent wait time, as they are making and shipping pre-order and early adopter units first.

I have used SRM's, Quarq's, Powertap's and Stages. They all have worked fine for CX. Just chose the one that fits your needs and budget.   

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service