Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Hey gang,

I'm curious about the SCX Steilacoom course as I missed it in the the first go-round. Is it worth the drive down? Is it fun? Technical? Much sand or anything else worth mentioning? I'm pretty sure that I'll be headed down but was hoping for some thoughts. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Steilacoom is often classified as a roadie course and the earlier race this season was no exception.  I certainly don't want to sound like it is bad course design, but rather over the years the park has kept reducing the available features for use.

The course can pretty much be summed up as a long paved stretch, then winding around a grass field, long flat drag out to a long semi-gradual hill climb (variety of options in the hill climb options based on the direction run), come back down the hill, an a bit more field puts you back to the start.  Barriers can be fit in anywhere with in that context.

Thanks, DStudley. It doesn't sound particularly inspiring but it should play to my "strengths" better than a course like Silver Lake.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service