Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

As a longtime Crank Brothers Eggbeater pedal user (for road, MTB and cyclocross); I am considering making a switch to Shimano SPD pedals for cyclocross. The reason being that on race starts, I can't clip in on my left foot in time to stay with the pack.

Does anyone use the "trail version" (with outer cage) Shimano XT PD-M785 pedals for cyclocross? http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/pro...

If so how will they compare to my 20 year old (but indestructible) PD-M747 's or to the seemingly current favorite choice for pros the PD-M770 (or exact same version PD-M540 & PD-M970 just with different finishes)? I have heard that the newest PD-M780 / PD-980 versions have a better contact area, but don't shed mud as well. Would I have the same problem shedding mud with the PD-M785's I can't tell if this version is based on the standard 770 or 780 versions.

Views: 435

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Erik - I had the same concern so I practiced starts over and over and over (seriosly, lots of reps) and now I nail the entry every time. Practice is cheaper than new pedals. Good luck.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service